Chaos Group Releases V-Ray 3.2 for 3dsmax
The latest free pdate to V-Ray for 3ds Max is now available. V-Ray 3.2 is fully compatible with 3ds Max 2016 and is VR-ready.
- The two new VR camera types will render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images. This allows artists and designers to output V-Ray scenes to popular VR formats like Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
V-Ray RT GPU improvements
- Among the new features and speed improvements is QMC sampling. Licensed from NVIDIA, QMC sampling provides overall speed improvements and resolves noise quicker when using CUDA.
Additionally, V-Ray RT GPU now supports:
• Anisotropic highlights
• Composite map
• Output curves
• Texture baking
• UDIM support (MARI)
• New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows users to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX.
• Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
• Refined Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
• New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
• Faster rendering of hair and fur
• Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur
3ds Max 2016
• Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
• Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
• V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera
You can watch the oficial video here.